Shepherd's Pie Casserole
- 4 cups chopped cooked meat
- (left over beef, lamb, etc.)
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 4 cups gravy (or canned gravy)
- 1 tsp salt,
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- 2 large onions, chopped or minced
- 2 Tbs butter or margarine
- Combine meat, gravy and onions.
- Line bottom of buttered casserole pan with well beaten mashed potatoes.
- Add thick layer of meat mixture then cover with layer of potatoes. (A really thick layer of potatoes will act as a crust.)
- Dot with pats of butter.
- Bake at least 3/4 hour until potatoes are browned on top.
St. John's Hospice http://saintjohnshospice.org/