Cheesy Chicken Florentine
- 1, 12 ounces package whole wheat egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2, 12 ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 1⁄2, 12 ounce packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1, 10.75 ounce can condensed reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups low sodium cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add whole wheat egg noodles and cook according to package instructions. Drain pasta.
2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add onion and sauté for about 15 minutes, or until soft. Add the broccoli and spinach and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the condensed soup and 3 cups of water. Stir until combined. Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat.
3. Spray an aluminum casserole pan with cooking spray. Place a third of the vegetable sauce in the bottom of the pan. Next, layer half of the noodles and chicken. Add another layer of the vegetable sauce, the remaining noodles and chicken, top with the remaining sauce, making sure it covers all of the noodles. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.