- 1, 12 ounces package whole wheat egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 6 ounces frozen peas
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add whole wheat egg noodles and cook according to package instructions. Drain pasta.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add ground beef to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, or until browned. Season with garlic powder, black pepper, and onion powder. Remove the beef from the pan.
3. To the same pan, add the onion and mushrooms. Sauté for about 10 minutes, until onions are soft and the mushrooms are slightly browned. Add the beef broth to the pan and bring to a simmer. In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water. Add the slurry to the stock and stir to combine. Add the peas and sour cream to the sauce and stir to combine.
4. Spray an aluminum pan with cooking spray. Pour about a cup of sauce in the bottom of the pan. Add noodles and cooked beef. Top with the sauce and stir to coat the noodles with the sauce.
5. Wrap the pan with plastic wrap and freeze.