Saint John’s Hospice Day Services Program Provides:
- approximately 325 hot nutritious meals each weekday to homeless and needy men of our city
- case management, clothing, toiletries and shoes for all Day Services guests
Noon meal served from 12:00-1:00pm
Dinner is served at 4:00pm on Friday and Monday evenings only- (until further notice)
SJH Day Services case managers provide:
- Brief one-on-one counseling and referrals for shelter, substance abuse, medical services and employment services
- Use of phone
All services for Day guests can be accessed during noon-time meal hours of 12:00pm-2:30pm, M-F
- Weekly walk-in shower services are provided on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday of every week, 8:30 am – 9:15 am, in basement of SJH.
- All patrons must be finished and leave by 11 am.
- Sign-up for a shower during lunch on the weekday before you want a shower. Look for staff with clip boards to register.
- Monday showers are reserved for seniors, disabled patrons, and veterans.
- Patrons may participate in one shower day per week
When available, we can provide clean clothing and underwear to our shower patrons
Mail can be collected at front desk on the following days and times:
- Monday through Friday from 10 am – 6 pm
- Saturday 12 noon – 6 pm.
- Check mail at least once per week.
- Mail must be collected in person
- No information about mail will be provided on the telephone.
- Unclaimed mail remaining at Saint John’s Hospice for more than 14 days will be returned to the sender
- Notarized permission is required for another person with proper identification to collect mail
- Mail cannot be forwarded to any address other than to the original sender
- No magazines, packages, or anything that needs a signature are permitted
- Checks are secured by the day services case manager and can be collected Mon – Fri, 12:00 – 3:00pm
- Proper photo identification or an official Saint John’s mail verification from (available from the day services case manager) is required to collect mail.
Please note: the mailroom is open on 2nd Tuesday of the month when other day services are closed.