Cheesy Chicken Florentine
- 1, 12 ounces package whole wheat egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2, 12 ounce packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 1⁄2, 12 ounce packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1, 10.75 ounce can condensed reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups low sodium cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add whole wheat egg noodles and cook according to package instructions. Drain pasta.
- 2. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add onion and sauté for about 15 minutes, or until soft. Add the broccoli and spinach and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the
- condensed soup and 3 cups of water. Stir until combined. Bring to a simmer and remove from the heat.
- 3. Spray an aluminum casserole pan with cooking spray. Place a third of the vegetable sauce in the bottom of the pan. Next, layer half of the noodles and chicken. Add another layer of the
- vegetable sauce, the remaining noodles and chicken, top with the remaining sauce, making sure it covers all of the noodles.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
St. John's Hospice http://saintjohnshospice.org/