- 1, 12 ounces package whole wheat egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 6 ounces frozen peas
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add whole wheat egg
- noodles and cook according to package instructions. Drain pasta.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add
- olive oil. Add ground beef to the pan and cook for about 10
- minutes, or until browned. Season with garlic powder, black
- pepper, and onion powder. Remove the beef from the pan.
- 3. To the same pan, add the onion and mushrooms. Sauté for
- about 10 minutes, until onions are soft and the mushrooms are
- slightly browned. Add the beef broth to the pan and bring to a
- simmer. In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch with 1 tablespoon
- of water. Add the slurry to the stock and stir to combine. Add the
- peas and sour cream to the sauce and stir to combine.
- 4. Spray an aluminum pan with cooking spray. Pour about a cup of
- sauce in the bottom of the pan. Add noodles and cooked beef. Top
- with the sauce and stir to coat the noodles with the sauce.
- 5. Wrap the pan with plastic wrap and freeze.
St. John's Hospice http://saintjohnshospice.org/